Bassoe Offshore analyst David Carter Shinn stated in regards to the offshore rig market 2018: “A fantastic begin, a disturbing ending, and a number of pleasure.”
Here his abstract of the yr passed by:
There have been 7 main transactions
• Borr Drilling acquired Paragon Offshore for $235 million
• Odjfjell acquired Stena Midmax HE semisub for $505 million
• Borr acquires 5 newbuild jackups for $745 million
• Ensco and Rowan announce merger
• Hayfin/Transocean purchase the West Rigel HE semisub for $500 million
• Northern Drilling acquires two seventh gen drillships for $296 million every
• Transocean acquires Ocean Rig; $2.7 billion
Nine further transactions have been reported.
Other highlights of the yr:
• 42 whole rig gross sales for drilling operations
• 54 rigs bought for scrapping or conversion
• Average rig utilization price was 64%
• Dayrates didn’t improve and common was $165,000 for the drillships – $125,000 for the semi-submersibles and $62,000 for the jackups
Note: When the merger of Rowan and Ensco will probably be accomplished the brand new firm will grow to be the biggest offshore drilling contractor by the variety of rigs with 82 models 9 (54 jackups, 16 drillsips and 12 semi-submersibles). With a fleet of 32 drillships and 25 semi-submersibles Transocean will is a very powerful offshore drilling contractor by the worth of its belongings.
(Source and picture: Bassoe Offshore)
The put up BASSOE: OFFSHORE RIG MARKET 2018 appeared first on Energy Global News.