Transocean suggested that on February 12, 2018, the newbuild ultra-deepwater drillship Deepwater Poseidon commenced operations on its 10-year contract with Shell within the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. Deepwater Poseidon constructed by Daewoo at Okpo shipyard in South Korea is succesful to drill in water depths as much as 12,000 ft.
Transocean additionally introduced the next contract awards:
• Deepwater Asgard – Awarded a three-well contract plus a one-well possibility within the U.S. Gulf of Mexico;
• Deepwater Invictus – Awarded a two-well contract extension within the U.S. Gulf of Mexico;
• Discoverer India – Awarded a five-well contract offshore the Ivory Coast;
• Dhirubhai Deepwater KG2 – Awarded a three-well contract plus 5 one-well choices offshore Myanmar;
• Dhirubhai Deepwater KG1 – Awarded a six-well contract plus choices offshore India;
• Deepwater Nautilus – Awarded a one-well contract plus three one-well choices offshore Brunei;
• Transocean Spitsbergen – Awarded a 22-well contract plus one three-well possibility and two one-well choices within the Norwegian North Sea;
• Paul B. Loyd, Jr. – Awarded a one-well contract within the U.Ok. North Sea;
• Transocean Leader
Amendment, that replaces the earlier contract scheduled to run out in May 2019, is comprised of 210 days commencing in July of 2018 within the U.Ok. North Sea; and
Awarded a 90-day contract plus a one-well possibility within the U.Ok. North Sea with one other buyer.
• Transocean Arctic – Awarded two contracts with completely different prospects within the Norwegian North Sea as follows:
Three-well contract plus two one-well choices; and four-well contract.
The publish DEEPWATER POSEIDON COMMENCES TEN-YEAR CONTRACT WITH SHELL appeared first on Energy Global News.