Transocean Ltd. suggested that the ultra-deepwater drillship Dhirubhai Deepwater KG2 gained a three-well contract with China’s CNOOC, which is predicted to begin in February 2019 and finish in June 2019. The contract additionally contains plus two one-well choices. The ultra-deepwater rig underneath contract with Woodside is presently prepared stacked in Myanmar.
The drillship inbuilt 2009 by Samsung Heavy Industries in South Korea commenced a five-year contract in 2010 offshore India with Reliance and set a brand new deepwater report in April 2011, drilling a nicely in 10,194 ft of water. Prior report of 10,011 ft of water was set in 2003 by the Discoverer Deep Seas working for Chevron within the U.S. Gulf of Mexico.
Transocean’s fleet report additionally contains the next new contracts:
• Henry Goodrich – Awarded a one-year contract extension offshore Eastern Canada;
• Transocean Norge – Awarded a six-well contract and 4 nicely choices within the Norwegian Continental Shelf. The newbuild, harsh setting semisubmersible’s contract is predicted to start in July 2019;
• Paul B. Loyd, Jr. – Awarded a two-well contract anticipated to start in March 2019 plus 4 one-well choices within the U.Okay. North Sea;
• Transocean Leader – Awarded a three-well contract within the U.Okay. North Sea;
• Deepwater Asgard – Awarded a one-well contract offshore Mexico;
• Transocean Spitsbergen – Customer exercised one-well possibility offshore Norway;
• Deepwater Nautilus – Customer exercised one-well possibility offshore Malaysia.
Since the prior quarter’s Fleet Status Report, the corporate has added roughly $465 million in contract backlog. As of as we speak, the corporate’s backlog is $11.5 billion. (Source: Transocean – Image: Dhirubhai Deepwater KG2)
The put up DHIRUBHAI DEEPWATER KG2 WINS CONTRACT OFFSHORE CHINA appeared first on Energy Global News.