Italian oil and gasoline participant Eni has made a brand new gasoline discovery within the Great Nooros Area, positioned within the Abu Madi West Development Lease, within the standard waters of the Nile Delta, offshore Egypt.

Eni is the operator of the Block positioned within the Mediterranean Sea and BP is a contractor member.

Announcing the brand new discovery on Wednesday, Eni mentioned that it was achieved by way of the Nidoco NW-1 exploratory properly.

The properly is positioned in 16 meters of water depth, 5 km from the coast and four km north from the Nooros discipline, found in July 2015.

According to Eni, the Nidoco NW-1 exploratory properly found gas-bearing sands for a complete thickness of 100 meters, of which 50 meters throughout the Pliocene sands of the Kafr-El-Sheik formations and 50 meters throughout the Messinian age sandstone of the Abu Madi formations, each ranges with good petrophysical properties.

In the Abu Madi formations a brand new degree, which was not but encountered within the Nooros discipline, has been crossed proving the excessive potential of the Great Nooros Area and the additional extension of the gasoline potential to the North of the sphere.

The preliminary analysis of the properly outcomes, contemplating the extension of the reservoir in direction of the north and the dynamic behaviour of the sphere, along with the current discoveries carried out within the space, signifies that the Great Nooros Area gasoline in place could be estimated in extra of four Tcf.

Eni, along with its associate BP, in coordination with the Egyptian Petroleum Sector, will start screening the event choices of this new discovery benefitting of the synergies with the world’s present infrastructures.

Eni, by way of its subsidiary IEOC, holds a 75 per cent stake within the license of Abu Madi West Development Lease, whereas BP holds the remaining 25 per cent stake.

The operator is Petrobel, an equal three way partnership between IEOC and the state firm Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC).

In associated information, Eni in July efficiently drilled the primary exploration properly within the North El Hammad license, within the standard Egyptian waters of the Nile Delta, on the prospect referred to as Bashrush.

The new discovery is positioned in 22 meters of water depth, 11 km from the coast and 12 km North-West from the Nooros discipline and about 1 km west of the Baltim South West discipline, each already in manufacturing.

The discovery of Bashrush additional extends to the west the gasoline potential of the Abu Madi formation reservoirs found and produced from the Great Nooros Area.

The publish Eni hits new gasoline discovery offshore Egypt appeared first on Offshore Energy.

Read more at Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here