Norwegian oil and fuel firm Equinor has made two oil discoveries offshore Newfoundland, Canada.

Newfoundland map; Source: Equinor

Equinor is the operator of the 2 wells with a 60 per cent curiosity and its accomplice is BP Canada with the remaining 40 per cent curiosity.

Equinor stated on Thursday that the two wells on the Cappahayden and Cambriol prospects, drilled this summer time within the Flemish Pass Basin, have confirmed the presence of hydrocarbons.

However, it’s too early to present particular info on volumes, the Norwegian firm added.

Paul McCafferty, Equinor’s senior vp for worldwide offshore exploration, stated: “We are happy to have made two discoveries offshore Newfoundland.

“The outcomes are a testomony to the exhausting work and dedication of our workforce, who’ve executed a secure marketing campaign with constructive outcomes – notably contemplating the distinctive challenges confronted in the course of the COVID-19 pandemic”.

The wells, drilled by the semi-submersible drilling rig, Transocean Barents, are positioned roughly 500 km east of St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.

The Cappahayden nicely has a water depth of about 1,000 metres and the Cambriol nicely has a depth of 600 metres.

As a part of the 2020 exploration marketing campaign, Equinor has additionally drilled a top-hole on the Sitka prospect.

The submit Equinor in two oil discoveries offshore Canada appeared first on Offshore Energy.

Read more at Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here