On December 31, 2019, representatives of Naftogaz, Gas Transmission System Operator of Ukraine (GTSOU) and Gazprom have signed in Vienna, a set of agreements to proceed Russian gasoline transit via Ukraine till 2024 inclusive.
This end result was backed by a systemic effort of Naftogaz group in preparation of Ukraine to the negotiations in addition to the imposition of the US sanctions associated to Nord Stream 2 challenge.
The package deal consists of the next paperwork:
• Interconnection settlement between GTSOU and Gazprom establishing technical procedures and guidelines for cooperation between the operators of the adjoining networks
• Agreement on group of transit between Naftogaz and Gazprom setting situations and transit volumes for the subsequent 5 years
• Settlement settlement between Naftogaz and Gazprom in keeping with which each events abandon mutual claims underneath the 2009 contracts.
The three agreements have been signed to satisfy the protocol of the 19-20 December assembly in Berlin in Minsk.
The protocol included the next provisions:
• USD 2.918 billion compensation paid by Gazprom underneath the Stockholm Arbitration Awards of December 2017 and February 2018 and obtained by Naftogaz on 27 December 2019
• Withdrawal from all arbitration proceedings the place remaining choices haven’t been rendered but
• Lifting attachment from Gazprom’s property, belongings and financial funds and refusing from any future claims and proceedings underneath the contracts signed in January 2009
• Minimal transit volumes: 65 bcm/yr for 2020 and 40 bcm/yr for 2021-2024.
The challenge of gasoline provide was not topic to the package deal agreements. Naftogaz famous Gazprom’s curiosity in resuming gasoline provide to Ukraine in future with the pricing based mostly on the NCG worth.
The package deal deal additionally doesn’t have an effect on Naftogaz Group’s claims in opposition to the Russian Federation concerning the belongings seized in Crimea.
Gazprom CEO Alexey Miller mentioned:
“Following 5 days of steady bilateral negotiations, remaining choices and preparations have been reached in Vienna. At the identical time, a complete set of agreements and contracts has been signed, and one can pretty say that these preparations symbolize a significant package deal deal that has restored the steadiness between the pursuits of the events.
These paperwork are coming into impact as we speak, guaranteeing the transit of Russian gasoline throughout Ukraine after December 31, 2019.
Gazprom has performed every thing in its energy, as soon as once more proving its popularity as a accountable provider and a dependable associate.”
(Source: Naftogaz/Gazprom – Image: Naftogaz headqurters in Kiyv)
The put up GAZPROM AND NAFTOGAZ SIGN MAJOR GAZ TRANSIT DEAL appeared first on Energy Global News.