Transocean introduced that the newbuild, harsh atmosphere semisubmersible Transocean Norge was awarded a six-well contract (estimated 300 days) with Equinor within the Norwegian Continental Shelf. The contract is predicted to begin in July 2019, following the shipyard supply of the rig in early 2019.
Transocean will function the Transocean Norge and has a 33% curiosity within the three way partnership that owns the rig, with the remaining 67% curiosity owned by Hayfin Capital. The contract backlog is roughly $89 million, excluding a bonus alternative and different providers. The contract is denominated roughly 55% in U.S. and 45% in Norwegian kroner.
Additionally, the contract contains 4 one-well choices.
“We are more than happy to have so rapidly secured a contract for the Transocean Norge, which we lately acquired by way of our three way partnership with Hayfin,” mentioned Jeremy Thigpen, Transocean’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “This contract gives additional proof of the robust demand for high-specification, harsh atmosphere semisubmersibles, and of the connection and historical past of strong efficiency that now we have with Equinor.”
Previously named West Rigel, the unit is a Moss Maritime CS60 design constructed by Sembcorp Marine’s Jurong Shipyard in Singapore and the final of its collection of semisubmersible rigs constructed for Seadrill. (Source: Transocean – Image: Moss Maritime)

The publish NEWBUILD TRANSOCEAN NORGE AWARDED SIX-WELL CONTRACT appeared first on Energy Global News.

Read more at Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here