The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) final week introduced new Biden-Harris Administration senior management appointees. The new leaders will direct coverage at DOE, coordinate throughout the Administration, and enact President Joe Biden’s imaginative and prescient for daring motion on the local weather disaster and on safeguarding the Americans most affected by it.
Among the appointed embrace Kelly Speakes-Backman, who would be the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy. She most lately served as the primary CEO of the Energy Storage Association (ESA), the nationwide commerce group for the power storage business. Speakes-Backman has spent greater than 20 years working in power and environmental points within the public, NGO and personal sectors. In 2019, she was honored by The Cleanie Awards as Woman of the Year.
Speakes-Backman talked to Jennifer Runyon at DISTRIBUTECH 2020. Watch the video right here.
John D. Hewa ESA Chairman of the Board and President & CEO, Rappahannock Electric Cooperative congratulated Speakes-Backman in a letter to ESA members and associates.
“On behalf of the ESA Board of Directors, we’re thrilled for Kelly to tackle this function and look ahead to seeing her flourish as a key chief driving the nation’s clear power future,” he mentioned.
Hewa added that in an effort to guarantee a clean transition, the board had voted to nominate the ESA Vice President Jason Burwen to function interim CEO, efficient instantly.
Hewa listed a slew of ESA accomplishments within the letter, together with:
- More than 2 GW of power storage put in
- FERC 841 and FERC 2222 being carried out by ISOs and RTOs throughout the nation with direct enter from ESA
- The BEST Act, formed by ESA, was handed on the finish of final yr, authorizing $1 billion for federal innovation investments in power storage expertise.
- Utilities are planning for and procuring storage in additional than 20 states, and insurance policies supportive of power storage have been handed in 32 states.
- ESA now has 31 Leadership Circle corporations, greater than 210 members robust, and a Storage PAC to fund storage-related schooling in Washington, DC.
“I’ve full confidence that underneath the management of Jason, the devoted and extremely proficient group at ESA will proceed to hold out its mission guaranteeing the voice of power storage is heard in Washington, and by regulators and state lawmakers throughout the nation,” he continued.
“ESA seems ahead to working with the Biden-Harris Administration and the 117th Congress to advertise insurance policies that may assist us understand the total potential of power storage for our nation.”
Energy Storage is a key element of DISTRIBUTECH Plus and POWERGEN Plus, digital occasions going down all all through 2021.
The submit Kelly Speakes-Backman appointed to management place in US authorities appeared first on Renewable Energy World.